DHCP Issue

MylesK

Mar 25, 2021
Hello. I've installed Proxmox onto my local server, under my router it has a static IP address. For some reason when I start my server I need to login to proxmox on the server and run the following commands in order to access my installation through a web browser:

Code:
dhclient -r vmbr0
dhclient vmbr0

If I don't run these then I get 'Cant reach server', soon as I've run those 2 commands it instantly works.

Is it possible to remove the need for running these commands? In my '/etc/network/interfaces' it looks like:

Code:
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

iface eno1 inet manual

auto vmbr0
iface vmbr0 inet static
    address and so on...

iface eno2 inet manual

Many thanks

hi,

please post the full output of your network configuration and the output of the following commands as well

Bash:
cat /etc/resolv.conf
ip r

hi,

please post the full output of your network configuration and the output of the following commands as well

Bash:
cat /etc/resolv.conf
ip r

Sorry for the delayed reply. The output of the commands are:

Code:
cat /etc/resolve.conf:
domain home
search home
nameserver 192.168.1.254

ip r:
default via 192.168.1.254 dev vmbr0 onlink

Apologies as I'm new to this, when you say output network config what exactly do you mean?

hi,

did you change the network configuration file by hand?

what is the output of cat /etc/hosts ?

and what do you get if you run hostname --ip-address

hi,

did you change the network configuration file by hand?

what is the output of cat /etc/hosts ?

and what do you get if you run hostname --ip-address
Hello,

Here is a screenshot of the output of both commands:
Screenshot 2021-04-07 at 16.30.08.png

I believe on my first install I did manually change the IP but I believe I reinstalled Proxmox since then which is what I'm currently on

I decided to factory reset my servers settings and reinstall Proxmox and it seems fine now. Thanks for the help

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!