Hi everyone.
I noticed this message in the PVE host kernel.
The host is an old Dell server with a PERC/6i and 2 RAIDs: one RAID1 of SSDs and one RAID5 of HDDs.
PVE is installed with the standard LVM thin configuration.
I have enabled discard as I usually do on a Linux guest, and got this error which seems to be quite clear to me: something down the line does not allow the discard request to be relayed from the guest to the host to the virtual disks to the physical disks. Which could make sense on the HDDs, but not so much on the SSDs.
Is it LVM or is it the controller that's causing this issue? Will this mean that my SSDs will never get the discard commands?
I noticed this message in the PVE host kernel.
The host is an old Dell server with a PERC/6i and 2 RAIDs: one RAID1 of SSDs and one RAID5 of HDDs.
PVE is installed with the standard LVM thin configuration.
I have enabled discard as I usually do on a Linux guest, and got this error which seems to be quite clear to me: something down the line does not allow the discard request to be relayed from the guest to the host to the virtual disks to the physical disks. Which could make sense on the HDDs, but not so much on the SSDs.
Is it LVM or is it the controller that's causing this issue? Will this mean that my SSDs will never get the discard commands?