Device: /dev/sdc [SAT], Failed SMART usage Attribute: 5 Reallocated_Sector_Ct.

xnn5jx3

Jun 22, 2023
Hi,

I've been getting emails sent to me from Proxmox; "Device: /dev/sdc [SAT], Failed SMART usage Attribute: 5 Reallocated_Sector_Ct." ever since I replaced two 3TB Western Digital drives with two 8tb Seagate drives. Same for Device: /dev/sdd/

I received the following message: "
Device info:
WDC WD30EZRX-00D8PB0, S/N:WD-WCC4N3RRHC81, WWN:5-0014ee-20b8fd2e0, FW:80.00A80, 3.00 TB" which shows 3.00 TB. The new drives are 8TB and Seagate so any help with this error message would be great as it really doesn't make any sense as error message is referencing two drives that are not physical in my NAS. The two 8TB drives are ST8000VN004-2M2101_WSD84G3R and ST8000VN004-2M2101_WSD84HHB.

Prior to replace the two 3TB drives, I had no warning message like the one above.

Also, SMART tests show everything is good.

Attachments

• drive 1_sdc.png
    drive 1_sdc.png
    343.1 KB · Views: 6
  • drive 2_sdd.png
    drive 2_sdd.png
    348.1 KB · Views: 5
Hey, I have the old warning.

I restart the smarttools and the warnings are gone.

/etc/init.d/smartmontools restart

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!