Destroy Raid1 - zfs sytem

cr_eis

Feb 3, 2021
Hello,
I installed proxmox on a server in raid1 with the zfs file system. There is a vm installed too. Is it possible to remove the raid while keeping my vm ?
Then to transform my zfs file system to ext4. Here is my configuration :
Code:
root@tx100-62:~# zpool status
  pool: rpool
 state: ONLINE
  scan: resilvered 1.75M in 00:00:01 with 0 errors on Thu Jun 10 14:55:53 2021
config:

NAME                                                  STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM
        rpool                                                 ONLINE       0     0     0
          mirror-0                                            ONLINE       0     0     0
            ata-WDC_WD2000FYYZ-50UL1B0_WD-WCC1P1144111-part3  ONLINE       0     0     0
            ata-WDC_WD2000FYYZ-50UL1B0_WD-WCC1P1144468-part3  ONLINE       0     0     0

errors: No known data errors
root@tx100-62:~# df -h
Filesystem        Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
udev              7.8G     0  7.8G   0% /dev
tmpfs             1.6G  8.8M  1.6G   1% /run
rpool/ROOT/pve-1  1.8T  1.5G  1.8T   1% /
tmpfs             7.9G   43M  7.8G   1% /dev/shm
tmpfs             5.0M     0  5.0M   0% /run/lock
tmpfs             7.9G     0  7.9G   0% /sys/fs/cgroup
/dev/fuse          30M   16K   30M   1% /etc/pve
tmpfs             1.6G     0  1.6G   0% /run/user/0
rpool             1.8T  128K  1.8T   1% /rpool
rpool/data        1.8T  128K  1.8T   1% /rpool/data
rpool/ROOT        1.8T  128K  1.8T   1% /rpool/ROOT
Thanks

SImplest and safest solution would be to create a backup of your VM, test the backup, and then setup your PVE anew with ext4

I hope this helps!

As a last solution, yes, but I would have liked to know if I could remove the raid without having to reinstall proxmox.

As a last solution, yes, but I would have liked to know if I could remove the raid without having to reinstall proxmox.
In theory yes - but it would more or less amount to reinstalling proxmox VE:
* remove one disk from the mirror, repartition it correctly, create a lvm-thin (or whatever you want to have as storage)
* rsync the root filesystem over
* bind-mount all relevant filesystems (proc,sys,dev,run,boot,ESP) on the new disk
* chroot into the new system
* install the boot-loader (grub)
* try booting into the new system

In my experience it is far easier, safer and faster to just reinstall and restore the VMs and configs

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!