Deploy ceph with different cluster name

NetUser

Sep 20, 2021
Hi,

I'm trying to configure two-way mirroring, following wiki guide, but the part where you configure mirroring is a bit optimistic, it says:" We also need to set up an RBD mirror daemon on site A that connects to site B (two-way mirror). If not done yet, now is the time to set this up. The steps are the same, but in reverse order."
Issue is that to do so, you can't have two clusters with same name (i.e. ceph, as default configured through proxmox) but you need to have two different names (es. local and remote) in order to let the rbd-mirror work on primary cluster.

So question is this: How do I deploy ceph in proxmox picking or changing my cluster name from "ceph" to "what_I_want"? In case that's not possible, how do I configure the rbd-mirror in my local cluster to effectively enable the two-way?

Thanks in advance!

Bump, can anyone help? Official wiki stands something which doesn't look feasible....

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!