dell me5024 connection to proxmox error. Dell storage discavery status "NO"

user90

Feb 1, 2023
Hi there, I configure new DEL ME5024 with FC and Proxmox install on DELL740 with FC. Both DELL connected directly. Was created one host and volume assigned for this host but 'Discovery status' is No. How I can fix it? On Proxmox was instsalled multipath-tools and configured with wwn from me5024 volume.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    27.6 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Proxmox is based on Debian Linux. You need to find Dell/EMC documentation on how to properly configure Linux host for FC access to this device and follow those steps.
If you see the disk and all the expected paths on Proxmox, and you have a concerns regarding a setting or presentation in a proprietary storage product, the first step is to consult that product's support team. From their perspective PVE is just another generic client.

Blockbridge : Ultra low latency all-NVME shared storage for Proxmox - https://www.blockbridge.com/proxmox

some things to check:

1. what is the make/model of your hba? do you get link light?
2. get into the HBA bios. Is the link speed set to the same speed as the storage? if both are on auto try to set the speed manually on both ends
3. what is the operating mode of your hba/storage? you should be set to fabric on both ends, but may be worth trying AL on both ends since you're direct attached.
4. make note of your HBA's WWN. if necessary, enter it manually in your storage's mapping. since you mention multipathing, make sure its both ports since they will have individual WWNs.

lastly- all of this is probably in the troubleshooting section of the dell manual ;)

some things to check:

1. what is the make/model of your hba? do you get link light?
2. get into the HBA bios. Is the link speed set to the same speed as the storage? if both are on auto try to set the speed manually on both ends
3. what is the operating mode of your hba/storage? you should be set to fabric on both ends, but may be worth trying AL on both ends since you're direct attached.
4. make note of your HBA's WWN. if necessary, enter it manually in your storage's mapping. since you mention multipathing, make sure its both ports since they will have individual WWNs.

lastly- all of this is probably in the troubleshooting section of the dell manual ;)

1. model of hba lpe31002-m6-d. Yep link is up but proxmox don't make discovering. Was installed multipath and configured but I don't undestant where is problem.

2. speed between two host is same. Was set manualy.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!