delivery from quarantine change from address

Remarkable-Guille

Apr 3, 2018
Miami
remarkablecloud.com
I recently started to play with Proxmox Mail Gateway for outbound spam pre-filter before handling it to MailChannels for final delivery and its working fine except for a weird issue:

If a mail goes to quarantine and I click on Delivery because it was a false positive, the sender changes to postmaster@my-pmg-hostname, is this by design, a bug or something wrong I'm my config?

relay-Proxmox-Mail-Gateway1.png
relay-Proxmox-Mail-Gateway2.png

If a mail goes to quarantine and I click on Delivery because it was a false positive, the sender changes to postmaster@my-pmg-hostname, is this by design, a bug or something wrong I'm my config?
It's by design and hardcoded that way - the rationale being that if something goes wrong while delivering a mail from the quarantine it's probably better to inform the admin of PMG than the original sender - additionally in case it is indeed spam you don't want to inform the spammer

I hope that explains it!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!