Delivery failed to these recipients

Nov 8, 2019
Hello Forum,
Apologies if I am asking wrong question but I am so confused with the message that is generated by proxmox pmg regarding the block.

Could anybody decipher what it says and point me to some direction where I should be digginginto?

Error message:
sb.jichi.ac.jp #<sb.jichi.ac.jp #5.0.0 smtp; 554-Service unavailable; Client host [myISPprovidershostname] blocked 554-using Barracuda Reputation; 554 http://www.barracudanetworks.com/reputation/?r=1&ip=118.238.204.132> #SMTP#

The IP address you see in the url string is my IP and I checked in barracuda website it says that reputation is fine. I am so stuck.

Thank you for your help.
Regards
nkurma

hm - seems the ip got delisted - does the problem persist?
if yes - please post a larger part of PMG's mail-log .
(where did you get that message from - it does not look like a postscreen ban (which is what PMG uses for the initial checks)

I hope this helps!

Your IP 118.238.204.132 is being blacklisted. Delist it and all will be fine.

hm - seems the ip got delisted - does the problem persist?
if yes - please post a larger part of PMG's mail-log .
(where did you get that message from - it does not look like a postscreen ban (which is what PMG uses for the initial checks)

I hope this helps!

Thank you Stoiko,
This message was delivered by my PMG as a mail delivery failed response. When I hit the barracuda link it shows that IP has poor reputation things but when I place my the same IP address and hit "Lookup reputation" it shows reputation is fine. So my guess is that barracuda website never works correctly "very buggy poor system" and it maybe sending wrong data to anyone who is making IP reputation lookup request.

I wrote them but they never bothered to response. I do not know why such resource poor bad quality resource should be an authority that decides whose IP has bad reputation and whose not.

I would personally tell to all of my clients not to use barracuda as a lookup resource from now on but unfortunately our new clients suffer till they figure out that barracuda resource "sucks".

Anyway, I do not expect anything to be resolved here but if you do suggest something that might solve this, it will make my day.

Thank you
Regards
Nkurma

Your IP 118.238.204.132 is being blacklisted. Delist it and all will be fine.

Hi hata_ph,
Where should I be delisting it? Is this something I can control?
If you meant to delist it in barracuda (which I wrote about in my reply to Stoiko), there is no hope.
Their system is very very bad quality. They issue a link where they make a reference but when you go there it malfunctions.

Thank you
Regards
Nkruma

Thank you hata_ph,
I have checked the resources you mentioned. I found SORBS has a block listing. I already contacted them about delisting.
Lets see, hopefully they will do that soon.

Again, thank you for your diligent support.

Regards
Nkurma

No worry. All mail server administrator have the similar problem happen to them before.
Make sure your IP is clean and in good reputation. Or else u will have delivery issue.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!