Delivering attachments from the attachment quarantine not delivered in the user mailbox

Apr 23, 2020
Word documents and Excel documents are added to the Attachment quarantine box but when I deliver the messages as Administrator from the web GUI the mails are never delivered in the user mailbox.
We use Microsoft Exchange.

I had the same issue the last month.
Could you check with "Exchange Management Shell" and command Get-MessageTrackingLog -EventId "DUPLICATEDELIVER" if you see mails in the list ?

I had the same issue the last month.
Could you check with "Exchange Management Shell" and command Get-MessageTrackingLog -EventId "DUPLICATEDELIVER" if you see mails in the list ?
Yup found them. Let's see how I can solve this. Or do you have a solution?

Last edited:
You must remove Message-ID field for each mail in Attachment quarantine box with add action object.

> Mail Filter | Action Objects | Add | Header Attribute
Name : Attachment Quarantine (Modify Message-ID)
Comment : Change Message-ID for Remove matching attachments for not have DUPLICATEDELIVER.
Field : Message-ID
Value : (space)

And add this action in your rule wich remove Word documents and Excel documents

Reactions: Stoiko Ivanov
You must remove Message-ID field for each mail in Attachment quarantine box with add action object.

> Mail Filter | Action Objects | Add | Header Attribute
Name : Attachment Quarantine (Modify Message-ID)
Comment : Change Message-ID for Remove matching attachments for not have DUPLICATEDELIVER.
Field : Message-ID
Value : (space)

And add this action in your rule wich remove Word documents and Excel documents
I have 1 question:
- Now I found some messages in the logging with EventID DUPLICATEDELIVER is there a way to re-send the mails to the users with a new Message-ID or empty Message-ID. Or is there an option to delete the queue with duplicates.

Thank you for all your help.

Last edited:
I didn't find how to we can release mails detected like duplicate. Peurhaps MS Exchange Engineers know how to do...

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!