DELETE_THIS_POST

The problem is that it is very disrespectful to ask here for free support, developers are helping and you then show them with your log lines that you are installing hacks to not have to pay for a paid "feature" you care about, as you otherwise wouldn't spend time in removing the nag.

And it already happend in the past that such an anti-nag-hack broke a Proxmox product after an update and people then wasted the staffs time asking for support to fix a problem they caused by themselves. So I'm not convinced with the "no harm caused".

For me thats like pirating a cracked software and if you do that ita very bold to ask for support.

I meant no harm caused by the inquiry, I do not count hurt feelings, we are all adults. But to address what you mention now ... it may well be so that (wasting staff time), that's inevitable by the very design of the popup and that some people hate it. I just find it very funny that I personally that happen to be able to remove it without git pulls, didn't bother to do so as it's not bothersome. But if it's extra load on support (in those cases you mentioned that people do not disclose they have 3rd party patched thing), I am afraid the banner would have been better for everyone in that sense. It's human nature.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!