Delete one or multiple VMs with one command

May 4, 2021
Hello,

my Hosting Provider ist currently testing the Backup Server as an additional service for its Proxmox Users. I have one problem which according to the administrator of the server is not rights-related. I sometimes throw whole VMs away (mostly VMs on which I tested some application which I decided not to keep) and at the moment I have to select each snapshot and delete it one after the other. What I would like to do would be to select one or multiple VMs - maybe with CTRL+Left-Mouse-Click - and then throw the data away with one command. Is there a way to achieve this which I just don't know or is my question more of a feature request?

Yours sincerely
Stefan Schumacher

on the pbs gui : datastore -> content
did you mean on the pve side? i'm afraid there is no such thing

what you can do though is use the proxmox-backup-directly, and prune the group with 'keep-last' set to 1, then you only have to delete a single snapshot afterwards (it is at least less work than deleting multiple snapshots)

we could introduce the group deletion also for the backup-client, would you want to open a feature request? : https://bugzilla.proxmox.com

Forgive me for asking you to point out the obvious: I am logged in the server as user and have navigated to my client name 1x1consult under datastore. This is the view that I get. Can I delete the entire vm from there or is this view hidden from me as normal user?

Attachments

• Screenshot.png
    Screenshot.png
    130.8 KB · Views: 39
that feature was introduced with 1.1.8, the packages on the server are probably older

but you can do what i mentioned earlier, prune the group (with the scissor icon) to one snapshot, then you can delete that one snapshot (you have to expand the group and then use the 'trashcan' icon to delete the snapshot)

Our provider updated the server to 1.1.9 and now I see the Trash Icon for the entire VM. Thank you for your support. I will open a Feature Request for the Multi-Selection of VMs, which are to be deleted.

Yours
Stefan

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!