Default /etc/crontab?

Never mind I found the backup in crontab.save and as far as I can see it seems to be identical.

Its also always a good idea to backup your /etc folder from time to time. Because in case of a problem and PVE isn't booting anymore you won't be able to access the /etc/pve folder, even if you boot a live linux or put that disk into another machine. You can even back it up using the proxmox-backup-client if you got an PBS running.

Last edited:
@Dunuin Thanks, well I have daily backups of the entire system, so I should be good, but of course, since I setup Proxmox there is no backup so far, but there will be from now on.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!