Default Console View (Serial)

nicknitewolf

Jul 20, 2019
I have set-up serial console on my vm. However, webgui does not respect the default console view set in DataCenter where I have selected xterm js, and continues using novnc for the vm. Does anyone else have this issue?

I have set-up serial console on my vm. However, webgui does not respect the default console view set in DataCenter where I have selected xterm js, and continues using novnc for the vm. Does anyone else have this issue?
Hello,
yes i have the same problem. I have a serial device in my VM (/dev/ttyS0) which i use for an external weather device
attached to this serial port.
But now the default console will start a xterm.js session which will not work. Anyway i can change the console to
noVNC by dropdown an start.

regards Leo

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!