Debian 64Bit AMD Network setup with Wlan

Santos

Jun 29, 2010
Hi
I have Proxmox install on my Desktop Debian Lenny 64Bit AMD.
8GB Ram
2x2.50 Ghz
1TB HardDisk

My Desktop has an Wlan card for inet connection.
The IP from the Wlan Card is 192.168.3.155
How can i make that Proxmox use this wlan card?
I want that all VM´s have IP addresses 192.168.3.xxx
Is this possible?
thx

p.s.

So i have rename my Wlan Card from wlan0 to eth1 ,
it works my desktop has now inet.

1. Now is my last question, when i make now an bridge, than i must give the bridge an ipaddress. Must i give the bridge than the ipaddress from my wlan(eth1) card
or an ipaddress that i want that has one of my VM´s ???
2. I want only use openvz, works this with wlan card as eth1?
3. Is planed in the future an Whmcs Billing integration for Proxmox?
thx

Last edited:
So i have now add a bridge vmbr0 and write by ports eth1 i dont give an ipaddress. Must i use in my desktop now the bridge or eth1?

Last edited:
I try to explane it, my english is not the best. Iam german.
I have an Desktop Computer of this Desktop Computer i want try some things with Proxmox and openvz.
This Desktop Computer needs an Internet Connection because i want surfing and so.
When i add a Bridge in Proxmox, and give by ports my NIC eth0 on.
Than the DesktopComputer has no inet connection more. I has try to use the bridge and the eth0 but with both my Desktop has no inet connection
more.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!