Debian 10 / Ubuntu 20 issues on LXC containers, alternatives?

luison

Renowned Member
Feb 22, 2010
Spain
alsur.es
We've been using Debian as base os within LXC containers for a while with no issues. Since we updated Debian to version 10 on some of them and now on a new Ubuntu 20 template we keep having issues mainly with services configuration and namespacing issues. We thought that by using a fresh template this would improve, but is not the case.

I was wondering if there is a generic way to solve it or we should better consider alternative Linux OS for the containers that get on better with LXC/CGroups.

Strange given that proxmox itself runs on debian 10.

I have no problems whatsoever with my debian 10 lxc containers. And im running quite complex docker environments with it.

Could you give some examples, including logs or screenshots.

We use only Debian 10 CTs, all working fine on Proxmox 6.2 with pve-no-subscription repo.

Try to update both Proxmox an all Debians to the lastest version.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!