DBI connect

Juliano Silva

Oct 15, 2017
Hi

I have problems updating Proxmox Mail Version 6.1.3

DBI connect('dbname=Proxmox_ruledb;host=/var/run/postgresql;port=5432','www-data',...) failed: could not connect to server: No such file or directory (500)

Is the postgres service running?
check the logs (journalctl -r) for potential hints

I hope this helps!

have you solved your Problem?
In my case there was the wrong version of postgresql in the path-setting in the config-file:
/etc/postgresql/11/main/postgresql.conf
After correcting the version from 9.6 to 11 in the path setting on various positions and restarting the service the system started working properly.

Hi Stoiko,
I upgraded from 5.x to 6.0 a few month ago with given Instructions on:
https://pmg.proxmox.com/wiki/index.php/Upgrade_from_5.x_to_6.0
I didn't compare templates onm this upgrade, no. Everything worked fine until today.

Today I've upgraded from 6.0 to 6.1 and than I had the same problem like Juliano.
It took some time until I've seen, that the postgresql.conf had wrong path information included.

But thank you for your answer, I'll check the templates now to prevent future problems.
Have a nice day.

Best regards,
Stefan

Reactions: Stoiko Ivanov
have you solved your Problem?
In my case there was the wrong version of postgresql in the path-setting in the config-file:
/etc/postgresql/11/main/postgresql.conf
After correcting the version from 9.6 to 11 in the path setting on various positions and restarting the service the system started working properly.
Thank you, you helped me problems solved

Reactions: Stoiko Ivanov
Glad to make the upgrade instructions more clear - what was missing from https://pmg.proxmox.com/wiki/index....6.0#Postgres_And_Other_Template_Modifications
to make that change more clear?

Thanks!

Hi! upgrade instructions says

"
If you've modified the configuration template for postgresql (/var/lib/pmg/templates/postgresql.conf), make sure to compare and update your copy in /etc/pmg/templates/

Also compare all other templates you've overriden for new changes through the packages.
"

because I didn´t modified the original postgresql configuration templates I skipped this step.

So maybe you can add a hint that configuration file MUST altered liked descriped in this thread before. You have to change paths to version 11 manualy.

Best regards,
Kai

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!