DATASTORE 500

Please post some more information where exactly you encountered this error and what steps you took (differently from node 1 - if you are aware of any) to end up with this problem.

Posting the your output of pmgversion -v can also be helpful in this regard.

I am unable to migrate VM to that node. Because there is no such a logical volume.
But that Datastore works on the other node.

Alright, you posted in the Proxmox Mail Gateway subforum. Though it sounds like you are actually using the PVE (Proxmox Virtual Environment).

Please post the output of the storage config with the command cat /etc/pve/storage.cfg of both of your nodes. The journal could give some more information as well journalctl -b 0. Please attach these to your next post.

I still don't have a good idea what your exact problem is and what you are trying to accomplish. Please give a description of what you are doing to receive this error, in detail.

Alright, you posted in the Proxmox Mail Gateway subforum. Though it sounds like you are actually using the PVE (Proxmox Virtual Environment).

Please post the output of the storage config with the command cat /etc/pve/storage.cfg of both of your nodes. The journal could give some more information as well journalctl -b 0. Please attach these to your next post.

I still don't have a good idea what your exact problem is and what you are trying to accomplish. Please give a description of what you are doing to receive this error, in detail.

We do not understand your problem without further explanation and the information @datschlatscher asked for.

Into the blue: make sure identical/compatible Datastores are actually available (and not just stated to-be-present) on all nodes in a cluster if you want to use replication.
I am running proxmox. In a cluster with two node.

All my vms are on node 1. Node 2 is empty and while a created storage. On not two it shows a question mark. And I am unable to migrate from node 1 to 2.

This could be a networking problem. Please try to ping node 1 from node 2, and then ping node 2 from node 1. Can you access both webinterfaces?

The output of cat /etc/pve/corosync.conf and pvecm status could give an insight here.
Apart from that, posting the journal would be the most helpful. Running the command journalctl --boot > help.txt and attaching this file in the forum would be your best bet. Unless you do this, we will not be able to help you.

My problem is. If I create storage in node 1. I can only use that storage in node 1. I am unable to use that storage in node 2. In node 2 there is a small question mark on that storage. Why is that? Help me. Same thing in node2. If I create storage in node2 then I can use it in node2 only. Why is that.

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!