Dashboard recommendation

hermelin

Renowned Member
Sep 28, 2012
Hi, I have few recommendations pro better dashboard:
  • Window Subscription is too large - I think that icon or button in head panel will be better.
  • Window Running tasks rename to Tasks. It will contain history all tasks (for example few days) and running task will be upper in list and will has for example loading circle icon
  • Window where is subscription now, I think will better if contain task with errors and warning etc.
  • If dashboard has option for change its windows with changing the layout by user, it will be the best solution
This is only my private idea :)
Many thanks for yours work.

Last edited:
Hi,
thanks for sharing your ideas/concerns.
Window Subscription is too large - I think that icon or button in head panel will be better.
There're some docs content which can be added there, and a big panel does not exactly make UX worse, doesn't it?

Window Running tasks rename to Tasks. It will contain history all tasks (for example few days) and running task will be upper in list and will has for example loading circle icon
That was an explicit decision against doing that as current approach is much more performant (we have an active task index in the backend which is simple and quick to get).
But I share the general wish that the last X (10 to 25) finished tasks should be also visible at the bottom of that list.

Window where is subscription now, I think will better if contain task with errors and warning etc.
What do you mean? Those can be already viewed under Administration -> Tasks. Or do you mean that that panel should be accessible from a menu entry in the left navigation tree?

If dashboard has option for change its windows with changing the layout by user, it will be the best solution
What do you mean here?

Hi,
thanks for sharing your ideas/concerns.

There're some docs content which can be added there, and a big panel does not exactly make UX worse, doesn't it?
Sorry, size of subscription window is ok, I think that so big window is too big for subscription info.
That was an explicit decision against doing that as current approach is much more performant (we have an active task index in the backend which is simple and quick to get).
But I share the general wish that the last X (10 to 25) finished tasks should be also visible at the bottom of that list.
Thanks
What do you mean? Those can be already viewed under Administration -> Tasks. Or do you mean that that panel should be accessible from a menu entry in the left navigation tree?
I think that subscription window will be renamed and contains tasks with errors and warning etc.
What do you mean here?
I think something like this https://dsmorse.github.io/gridster.js/

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!