Daily Spam Report Customization

ejmerkel

Sep 20, 2012
What is the proper format for the Spam Detector -> Quarantine -> Email 'From:' ?

Would and entry as follows be correct?

section: spamquar
mailfrom 'Company Email Filter <admin@domain.com>'

Also, is it possible to customize the email template for the Daily Spam Report?

Thanks,
Eric

Would and entry as follows be correct?

section: spamquar
mailfrom 'Company Email Filter <admin@domain.com>'
you can set that via GUI (and doing so results in a similar line, but without the "'"
see: https://pmg.proxmox.com/pmg-docs/pmg-admin-guide.html#pmgconfig_spamdetector

Also, is it possible to customize the email template for the Daily Spam Report?
yes - by using PMGs templating mechanism https://pmg.proxmox.com/pmg-docs/pmg-admin-guide.html#pmgconfig_template_engine

It should work by just creating '/etc/pmg/templates/spamreport-custom.tt and setting the report-style to custom.

Hope this helps!

I have the same doubt, I got Mail Gateway 5.1-4, I don't have a subscription. Following the link of Spam detector,

you can set that via GUI (and doing so results in a similar line, but without the "'"
see: https://pmg.proxmox.com/pmg-docs/pmg-admin-guide.html#pmgconfig_spamdetector

I only have 3 buttons
- Options
- Quarantine
- Status
You said that I can create a file name spamreport-custom.tt

It should work by just creating '/etc/pmg/templates/spamreport-custom.tt and setting the report-style to custom.

But what should be the content of the file to customize it, I would like to insert an image of my company to look more serious when users received the report, how can I do that.

But what should be the content of the file to customize it, I would like to insert an image of my company to look more serious when users received the report, how can I do that.
check the shipped verbose report '/var/lib/pmg/templates/spamreport-verbose.tt' and adapt that to your needs
(it's mostly html)

Reactions: diegola
check the shipped verbose report '/var/lib/pmg/templates/spamreport-verbose.tt' and adapt that to your needs
(it's mostly html)

Thanks a lot, I already modify the template, my doubt now is, how can I check or generate a daily mail spam to view the new look?

I think that this mail is generate automatic daily when discover a new mail on Spam inbox.

hm - you can send a test-spam-mail (GTUBE) to your account, and afterwards run `pmgqm send --timespan today` - that should result in you receiving the quarantine report.

I hope this helps!

Thanks a lot, I already modify the template, my doubt now is, how can I check or generate a daily mail spam to view the new look?

I think that this mail is generate automatic daily when discover a new mail on Spam inbox.

Hi Diegola/Proxmos Staff

What are the options to embed an image inside the template so I don't have to publish that in a web server? And where is the documentation about how spamreport-verbose.tt works? Is it possible to send a Multipart MIME?

Thanks.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!