Dúvidas sobre armazenamento (Storage questions)

jefdasa

Dec 2, 2023
Instalei o Proxmox no virtualbox para estudar, mas não consigo entender algumas coisas. Poderiam me repsonder as seguintes perguntas, por favor?:

1- Quando a gente vai em DataCenter/Armazenamento/adicionar, aparecem diversos barramentos ou sistemas de arquivos (lvm, zfs, ISC, SCSI etc), o que exatamente a gente está adicionando por ali?
2 - Qual a diferença entre adicionar um caminho de armazenamento pelo DataCenter/Armazenamento/adicionar e pelo caminho "MeuNó"/Discos escolher uma das quatro opções disponíveis (LVM, LVM-Thin, Diretório e ZFS)?
3 - Por que no caminho "MeuNó"/Discos só tem essas quatro opções enquanto no camiho DataCenter/Armazenamento/adicionar aparecem diversas?
4 - Por que se eu for no caminho "MeuNó"/Discos/LVM, eu consigo criar um volume Group a partir de um disco, mas se eu for em DataCenter/Armazenamento/adicionar e escolher a opção LVM não aparecer os discos para eu criei o volume, a menos que ele tenha sido criado anteriormente em "MeuNó"/Discos/LVM?
5 - Qual a diferença entre Grupo de Volume e Armazenamento?
6 - Para eu criar um segundo disco virtual em uma VM, basta eu ir em "Minha VM"/Hardware/Adicionar/Disco Rígido e quando eu abrir uma VM ele já aparecerá montado na VM? (tentei testar no virtualbox, mas não consigo iniciar uma VM de jeito nenhum). Essa seria a melhor forma de "particionar um hd" no proxmox?
7- Quando a gente vai em "MeuNó"/Discos/LVM e clica em criar um novo grupo tem uma opção de "adicionar armazenamento" se deixarmos essa opção marcada, no canto esquerdo (no painel "visão do servidor", em baixo do "Meu Nó") aparecerá o armazenamento criado, se não deixarmos a opção marcada não aparecer. Porque? Mas mesmo não deixando marcado a opção esse volume estará disponível para criação de armazenamento em DataCenter/Armazenamento/adicionar e escolha a opção LVM. Porque

I installed Proxmox on virtualbox to study, but I can't understand some things. Could you answer the following questions for me? please:

1- When we go to DataCenter/Storage/add, several buses or file systems appear (lvm, zfs, ISC, SCSI, etc.), what exactly are we adding there?
2 - What's the difference between adding a storage path via DataCenter/Storage/add and via the "MyNode"/Disks path choose one of the four available options (LVM, LVM-Thin, Directory and ZFS)?
3 - Why is it that in the "MyNode"/Disks path there are only these four options while in the DataCenter/Storage/add path there are several?
4 - Why if I go to the path "MyNode"/Disks/LVM, I can create a Group volume from a disk, but if I go to DataCenter/Storage/add and choose the LVM option, the disks for I created the volume, unless it was previously created in "MyNode"/Disks/LVM?
5 - What is the difference between Volume Group and Storage? |
6 - To create a second virtual disk in a VM, just go to "My VM"/Hardware/Add/Hard Disk and when I open a VM it will already appear mounted on the VM? (I tried to test in virtualbox, but I can't start a VM at all). Would this be the best way to "partition a HD" in the next one?
7- When we go to "MyNode"/Disks/LVM and click on create a new group there is an option to "add storage" if we leave this option checked, in the left corner (in the "server view" panel, below "My Node") the created storage will appear, if we do not leave the checked option it will not appear. Why? But even if you don't leave the option checked, this volume will be available for creating storage in DataCenter/Storage/add and choose the LVM option. Why?

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!