Critical Structure Corruption

AndyDK

Nov 11, 2017
When i try to install Win 7 x64 version i ran into a blue screen where it says "Critical Structure Corruption" I tried also a Win Server 2017 standard version and this is the same problem when i ran throug the installation.

What is the solution for those blue screen ? I ran a HP Microserver Gen8 4GB ram 1TB disk.

install latest redhat virtio drivers for windows
the whole package and the agent

my guess on ym machiens is the baloon driver or storage, but could also be qxl, not shure
however install all the drivers solves it for me

How do i install those?

I'm just downloaded .iso file with it, should i upload it to ProxMox and make an virtual server ?

try the spice geust tools (speice space) their qxl has the same version number but is different in size
also try disable ablooning if enabled and upgrade latest promox kernel

in this case both are the same.
the virtios are qxl which are spice

oh btw for install drivers i jsut made a little batch script.
what it does - it goes in each subdir looks for the driver file and install it,
but you need to put it in a flat structure like
-<dir>qxl
-<dir>driverstorage
-<dir>driverwhatever
-<dir>
-<dir>
driverinstall.bat

oh and it automatic elevates itself into admin :)

Code:
@echo off
if _%1_==_payload_  goto :payload

:getadmin
    echo %~nx0: elevating self
    set vbs=%temp%\getadmin.vbs
    echo Set UAC = CreateObject^("Shell.Application"^)                >> "%vbs%"
    echo UAC.ShellExecute "%~s0", "payload %~sdp0 %*", "", "runas", 1 >> "%vbs%"
    "%temp%\getadmin.vbs"
    del "%temp%\getadmin.vbs"
goto :eof

:payload
    echo %~nx0: running payload with parameters:
    echo %*
    echo ---------------------------------------------------
    cd /d %2
    shift
    shift
    ECHO Checking dir %CD% recursively for drivers.
    pause
    FOR /F "tokens=*" %%D IN ('DIR /B /AD /S %CD%') DO PNPUTIL -a "%%D\*.inf" 2>&1     
    echo Install Qemu Guest Tools   
    pause   
    echo going for reboot
    pause
    shutdown /r /D: p:00:00

I got CRITICAL STRUCTURE CORRUPTION on Win2016 with Virtio 1.141 without qlx, no memory balloon we use.

Downgraded to 4.10 kernel, two hours passed without BSOD, no qxl, no balloon, virtio 1.141
Thanks for link.

@wolfgang - I can confirm same issue on 4.13 and stable with 4.10

GUEST: Windows Server 1607 ( OS 14393.1715 )
vCPU: default (kvm64)

processor : 23
vendor_id : GenuineIntel
cpu family : 6
model : 29
model name : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E7450 @ 2.40GHz
stepping : 1
microcode : 0x29
cpu MHz : 2399.907
cache size : 12288 KB
physical id : 3
siblings : 6
core id : 5
cpu cores : 6
apicid : 29
initial apicid : 29
fpu : yes
fpu_exception : yes
cpuid level : 11
wp : yes
flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe syscall nx lm constant _tsc arch_perfmon pebs bts rep_good nopl xtopology aperfmperf pni dtes64 monitor ds_cpl vmx est tm2 ssse3 cx16 xtpr pdcm dca sse4_1 lahf_lm tpr_shadow vnmi flex priority dtherm
bugs : clflush_monitor
bogomips : 4799.81
clflush size : 64
cache_alignment : 64
address sizes : 40 bits physical, 48 bits virtual
power management:

When i try to install Win 7 x64 version i ran into a blue screen where it says "Critical Structure Corruption" I tried also a Win Server 2017 standard version and this is the same problem when i ran throug the installation.

What is the solution for those blue screen ? I ran a HP Microserver Gen8 4GB ram 1TB disk.
I was facing the same issue but on a different computer than yours and I searched google for the answers and found a working fix for Critical Structure Corruption on a site called Techfries.co

There is an issue named CRITICAL STRUCTURE CORRUPTION. It is an issue that many users have encountered after installing or upgrading their Windows 8.1 and Windows 10. When this issue pops up a blue screen pops up and this issue is stated and you have to reboot your system. This issue is also called Blue Screen of Death and it is because of old and unsuitable driver, mostly it’s the SPTD driver. No worries because here we have some best methods to solve this issue.

1- Running SFC and CHKDSK Scan: You can tap Windows key and X and press on Command Prompt (Admin). Now in the black window write chkdsk /f and tap Enter. Allow the scan run. In case it prompts you to run after resurrect, press Schedule now and reboot. Permit the scan run after reboot. In case you want to go in detail then visit this webpage https://appuals.com/best-fix-steps-fix-critical_structure_corruption/

2- Updating SPTD Driver: Update it and Below Files for download, find for SPTD for your OS. You can check the OS and its system type by pressing Windows Key and R. Write msinfo32 and click Enter. You will see in the information window, OS Name that is your operating system, and System type that is the structure it has, i.e. x86 = 32 bit and x64=64 bit. After finding it press the option of Download button to run the downloaded setup. Make sure that the message, and in the setup press Install. After installation reboot your PC.

in this case both are the same.
the virtios are qxl which are spice

oh btw for install drivers i jsut made a little batch script.
what it does - it goes in each subdir looks for the driver file and install it,
but you need to put it in a flat structure like
-<dir>qxl
-<dir>driverstorage
-<dir>driverwhatever
-<dir>
-<dir>
driverinstall.bat

oh and it automatic elevates itself into admin :)

Code:
@echo off
if _%1_==_payload_  goto :payload

:getadmin
    echo %~nx0: elevating self
    set vbs=%temp%\getadmin.vbs
    echo Set UAC = CreateObject^("Shell.Application"^)                >> "%vbs%"
    echo UAC.ShellExecute "%~s0", "payload %~sdp0 %*", "", "runas", 1 >> "%vbs%"
    "%temp%\getadmin.vbs"
    del "%temp%\getadmin.vbs"

:payload
    echo %~nx0: running payload with parameters:
    echo %*
    echo ---------------------------------------------------
    cd /d %2
    shift
    shift
    ECHO Checking dir %CD% recursively for drivers.
    pause
    FOR /F "tokens=*" %%D IN ('DIR /B /AD /S %CD%') DO PNPUTIL -a "%%D\*.inf" 2>&1    
    echo Install Qemu Guest Tools  
    pause  
    echo going for reboot
    pause
    shutdown /r /D: p:00:00
How this code works is there anyone who can help me to understand it.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!