Critical medium error after power outage

jdruwe

Mar 13, 2020
Dear community

I started using Proxmox 2 months ago and I am experiencing something very annoying at the moment.
This morning we had a power outage in my street (+-3 hours). After the outage I couldn't connect to
my proxmox instance so I hooked up a monitor and keyboard, Proxmox started in emergency mode.
It asked my to login to reboot to default mode so I did, during all of these I kept on getting a critical medium error:

proxmox-errors.jpg

Can anyone help me find what is causing is and how to possibly resolve it? All help is greatly appreciated! How does one prevent this from happening in production environments, with a battery?

This looks like a broken disks - /dev/sda
* check the smart values
* create a disk-image with dd/ddrescue
* check all cables going to the disk
* if the disk is indeed broken - replace it and restore from backup

I hope this helps!

This looks like a broken disks - /dev/sda
* check the smart values
* create a disk-image with dd/ddrescue
* check all cables going to the disk
* if the disk is indeed broken - replace it and restore from backup

I hope this helps!

I am using an SSD in a NUC so no cables. By checking smart volumes do you mean the following: https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Disk_Health_Monitoring. I will probably need to enable it for the disk as I have never enabled it before.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!