Creating or removing snapshots causes unexpected HA migration

frankz

Nov 16, 2020
Hello everyone, I noticed that if a VM in HA on which you intervene to create a snapshot, if the creation times are a little longer than usual, the HA manager intervenes trying to migrate the VM.

ha.png

you are not creating a snapshot, but rolling back. that involves stopping the VM, which HA notices and tries to correct. likely we should add a safeguard there. please file an enhancement request at https://bugzilla.proxmox.com !

you are not creating a snapshot, but rolling back. that involves stopping the VM, which HA notices and tries to correct. likely we should add a safeguard there. please file an enhancement request at https://bugzilla.proxmox.com !
Yes Fabian, clearly if the user creates a snapshot and to have the opportunity to go back. However, if the period is long, the same intervenes even during the creation phase ...

creating a snapshot doesn't stop the VM though, so HA shouldn't treat it as stopped either? but if you can trigger that behaviour with snapshot creation as well, please include the details in your report!

creating a snapshot doesn't stop the VM though, so HA shouldn't treat it as stopped either? but if you can trigger that behaviour with snapshot creation as well, please include the details in your report!
Ok, what can I do is report the error status of the GUI log of the HA system, or if you have to suggest something more detailed write to me, please write. It is important for the proper functioning of the Cluster.

pveversion -v, guest config, system log, task logs (of snapshot/rollback and HA actions) would be relevant.

Reactions: frankz

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!