Creating OpenVZ container crashes freenas

rmorgan

Sep 14, 2012
I have a 2 node cluster running PVE 2.1. I have 5 other KVM machines running on the nodes. Having not tried an OpenVZ container before, I tried creating one, installing it on my freenas/nfs share. As soon as it begun creating it, the freenas system gave a trap 12 error and had to be rebooted to get it back up. I also ended up having to reboot the offending node (both nodes were not responsive), as well, to keep it from crashing the freenas system again.

I was using a template I downloaded from the openvz site for Ubuntu Server 12.04 64 bit.

Any ideas as to why this is happening? And I just crashed the freenas system again when I tried deleting the container. Ended up deleting everything by hand to clear it out.

Ronnie

I have a 2 node cluster running PVE 2.1. I have 5 other KVM machines running on the nodes. Having not tried an OpenVZ container before, I tried creating one, installing it on my freenas/nfs share. As soon as it begun creating it, the freenas system gave a trap 12 error and had to be rebooted to get it back up. I also ended up having to reboot the offending node (both nodes were not responsive), as well, to keep it from crashing the freenas system again.

I was using a template I downloaded from the openvz site for Ubuntu Server 12.04 64 bit.

Any ideas as to why this is happening? And I just crashed the freenas system again when I tried deleting the container. Ended up deleting everything by hand to clear it out.

Ronnie
Hi,
this should you ask on the freenas-forum. A server should not get an kernel-panic (or trap) if somethings happens with files on a share.

Udo

Hi,
this should you ask on the freenas-forum. A server should not get an kernel-panic (or trap) if somethings happens with files on a share.

Udo

I wondered about that. But considering that every other VM I have is on the same freenas share, it seems to me that PVE is doing something different with OpenVZ VMs. I wasn't sure if freenas forum would know what PVE is doing.

Maybe I'll give them a try too. But I fear that they will point me back here.

Ronnie

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!