Creating an openVPN server with both public and local network

Diogo Jesus

Oct 16, 2017
Hello,
in our setup we have 10 LXC containers, these 7 containers have local + public network from proxmox only. Means that each one has a public IP + a local ip (192.168.9.x) being served only in proxmox

Then we have 3 servers which only have local network (192.168.9.x) and this is working fine, I can ping the each other via local network.

So now I created a OpenVPN with public + local network which isn't working as expected.

The idea is that I'm able to get public and local IP and that from my remote client machine I get to ping other containers inside this local network. The only thing that I managed to do was to to get into the VPN with its public IP. So if I check my public IP i'm running the same as my VPN IP. Now I want to achieve the same with the local network aswell.

I tried doing configuration by tun and by tap. By tun I got the result that I explain above, and by TAP I never got it working. My proxmox container conf file was edited to support the VPN aswell. Thank you

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!