Create VM Command

tincboy

Renowned Member
Apr 13, 2010
I just tried to create a VM on CEPH via GUI but it got timeout from RBD, after that I've tried to create VM via command line and it seems to be OK, so I wonder if there's any way to find the command which GUI is running to create VM on CEPH?

TASK ERROR: unable to create VM 102 - error with cfs lock 'storage-vms2': rbd error: got lock timeout - aborting command

TASK ERROR: unable to create VM 102 - error with cfs lock 'storage-vms2': rbd error: got lock timeout - aborting command
Can you access the storage or do you get an error?

Some PGs where in undersized status, It's now fixed.
But my main question on how to find out the commands which is being ran by each task is not answered yet. do you know how to?

But my main question on how to find out the commands which is being ran by each task is not answered yet. do you know how to?
It runs the 'rbd create', basically the pveceph and the GUI use them same API. And the API runs the ceph commands directly or sends them to the MON through librados.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!