create lvm-thin local storage same name

Dzung

Feb 20, 2019
Hello!
I have 3 node in cluster (I just want add to manager center), and I want to add lvm-thin local storage with same name, is there any way to do it ? I was add but it show
storage ID 'vmdata' already defined (500)

You cannot have two storages with the same name in the cluster.
But you can have a local storage (i.e. named 'vmdata') on all or some servers in the cluster (in fact there will be x local storages, one on each server, but with the same storage name).

You cannot have two storages with the same name in the cluster.
But you can have a local storage (i.e. named 'vmdata') on all or some servers in the cluster (in fact there will be x local storages, one on each server, but with the same storage name).
yes, I want to this because my module connect with name storage, but when I add local storage it show error, storage ID 'vmdata' already defined (500), can you tell me how to add same local storage name ?
thank you

I just created it successfully with manual add storage, but now I have error when I migrate offline it error
storage 'vmdata' is not available on source node

You should create a LVM thinpool on each server (Datacenter/server/disks/lvm-thin -> create thinpool) with same name and then create in Datacenter / storage a LVM-Thin storage. Hope I was explicit because I'm so tired now, so be careful what you do in the interface.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!