Create container

maecio

Dec 26, 2020
Good Morning! I'm trying to create an unbound container but this is giving the following error:

extracting archive '/var/lib/vz/template/cache/unbound-1.13.0.tar.gz'
Total bytes read: 22722560 (22MiB, 177MiB / s)
Architecture detection failed: open '/ bin / sh' failed: No such file or directory

Falling back to amd64.
Use `pct set VMID --arch ARCH` to change.
TASK OK

what would that error be?

Probably too late for OP, but I ran into a similar problem. I used Packer to build the container packer sets the file structure as '/rootfs/<everything, bin, home, etc.>' and proxmox is expecting '/<everything, bin, home, etc.>'. There's an issue for it here: https://github.com/hashicorp/packer-plugin-lxc/issues/7

For packer I had to add a post-processor step to unarchive & re-archive with the proper file structure.

So if someone runs into something similar, gunzip / untar the file you're trying to use and see what it looks like. If everything is under '/rootfs' then that's the issue.

@jpancoast would you mind sharing the packer configuration for creating the container? There are some examples with isos, but not so many with containers

Don't mind at all, as long as folks don't bug me about it too much :)

Here's one that works for me (A lot of the others have busted paths because I haven't updated them yet)
https://github.com/jpancoast/image-builder/tree/main/lxc/alpine/consul

It calls several scripts outside it's directory (but in the repo) for some basic provisioning, and the important step that re-archives the container without the `/rootfs/...` stuff

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!