CPU count shows 8 CPUs or 16 CPUs on different servers with 8 cores(2 quad-core)

TonyBucci

Dec 5, 2019
Palmetto, FL
I recently became admin for our 8 node cluster and I am noticing that different nodes who have two quad core CPUs will show 16CPUs in some and 8CPUs in others, is this something to do with hyperthreading on some and not others? unfortunately I don't have good records on what model of CPU to compare and the servers are in a datacenter and with live traffic on them so I am looking for general wisdom. all of the servers are Dell brand and have Xeon processors, but that's all the info I have currently. Pve 5.4-1

Well, I found in the GUI where it shows you your processor models... Confirmed, this is a hyperthreading difference between the models of processors, some support it, some don't.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!