Couldn't Take Backup when QEMU Agent is Running

nabor

Feb 10, 2021
I recently migrated a CentOS7.9 VM from PVE 5.4-15 to 6.4-7. The QEMU guest agent was not enabled on the old platform, but I enabled it on the new platform.

However, I found if I enable the QEMU agent, the backup would cause the fs freeze forever even I manually terminate the backup.

Please see the backup log below:
Code:
INFO: starting new backup job: vzdump 100 --storage backup --compress zstd --mode snapshot --remove 0 --node prox1
INFO: Starting Backup of VM 100 (qemu)
INFO: Backup started at 2021-06-10 22:13:33
INFO: status = running
INFO: VM Name: TWGDev01
INFO: include disk 'sata0' 'local-data:vm-100-disk-0' 140G
INFO: backup mode: snapshot
INFO: ionice priority: 7
INFO: creating vzdump archive '/backup/dump/vzdump-qemu-100-2021_06_10-22_13_33.vma.zst'
INFO: issuing guest-agent 'fs-freeze' command

Once the backup was kicked off, I couldn't issue any commands in VM. How to troubleshoot and address this issue?

Thanks for sharing. I couldn't find a solution from those threads either. Tried yum upgrade, but doesn't solve the issue.

Another Centos7.9 just works fine. Can't figure out what was the root cause.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!