[SOLVED] Corrupted file halts restore

mbosma

Dec 3, 2018
Hi,

I've been using pbs as a test for a while now.
I tried to restore a lxc container using pbs but it keeps failing with this error:
Error: error extracting archive - error at entry "cpdavd_error_log": failed to restore mtime attribute on "cpdavd_error_log": Operation not permitted (os error 1)

I already tried to restore the backup to a folder but it halts on the same error.
Mounting the backup results in this error while trying to access /var/:
Code:
# ls 169/var/
ls: reading directory '169/var/': Input/output error

The "cpdavd_error_log" file is somewhere in the /home folder which is a shame because I only needed /var/lib/mysql.

Is there any way to skip this broken file so the rest of the backup can complete or maybe restore a specific folder?
The only way right now would be to download every individual file from the webgui.

I'm using
Backup Server 0.8-21 BETA
client version: 0.8.19

If you need any information, please let me know.

hi,

we are working on this bug https://bugzilla.proxmox.com/show_bug.cgi?id=3026

if the backup wasn't encrypted, you can use the pxar file browser on the user interface to retrieve the files you need:
on backup server GUI go to Datastore -> Name of datastore -> find the container -> root.pxar.didx

you should see a folder icon next to the download icon, there you should be able to view the filesystem and download the files you need.

Reactions: mbosma

Thank you! That's what I wanted to know, glad to hear this is already a known issue.
I already restored the backup using our other backup strategy, I try to use pbs as much as possible for testing but it's not our only solution.

I was able to browse through the filesystem using the GUI, the issue there is that I can't download a folder or tree so downloading all the files is a pretty long and boring task.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!