Corrected Error Received AMD X570 Ryzen 3700x

am45931472

Feb 10, 2018
Hello.

So i'm trying to build a proxmox server around the new AMD Ryzen 3000 and X570 Chipset motherboards however after a new installation I am getting a ton of pcieport errors and have no idea how to identify and diagnose the problem.

I've removed all add in pci express cards except for the video card and the errors are still there.

The errors pretty much continue constantly saying either "Corrected Error Received" or "Multiple Corrected Error Received."

The address of these errors is usually 0000:0D:00.0 and I have no idea what this is.

Hardware is as follows

Ryzen 3700x
Gigabyte X570 Aorus Ultra Motherboard
64GB DDR4 Crucial Ballastic 3200 running at 2666
2x Inland premium nvme m.2 SSDs.
4x intel s3500 80GB SSDs for rPool boot.
Zotac gt 710 Pci Express x1 2.0 Video Card.

You likely going to need the newest kernel, eg 5.2, that's likely to bring in support for that MB and CPU.

Hello.

So i'm trying to build a proxmox server around the new AMD Ryzen 3000 and X570 Chipset motherboards however after a new installation I am getting a ton of pcieport errors and have no idea how to identify and diagnose the problem.

I've removed all add in pci express cards except for the video card and the errors are still there.

The errors pretty much continue constantly saying either "Corrected Error Received" or "Multiple Corrected Error Received."

The address of these errors is usually 0000:0D:00.0 and I have no idea what this is.

Hardware is as follows

Ryzen 3700x
Gigabyte X570 Aorus Ultra Motherboard
64GB DDR4 Crucial Ballastic 3200 running at 2666
2x Inland premium nvme m.2 SSDs.
4x intel s3500 80GB SSDs for rPool boot.
Zotac gt 710 Pci Express x1 2.0 Video Card.
Have you had any progress? I'm in a similar situation where i bought a ryzen 3600 and tried linux on it. Here is my take on it:
LTS distributions run "fine" although i don't have access to modules for acquiring cpu temperature and so on. Apparently the newer kernels can do that, however due to newer systemd they expect AMD's new AGESA patch 1.0.0.3 ABB on motherboards, which mine don't have yet and ends up causing major Boot Failure.

I am having the same problems with my B450 chipset. I think the PCI controller is the main problem. The error message says its something with my nvme drive but I think its more global than that because my network goes down every time I receive this error. I have to ifdown and ifup the network to bring it back to life.

I have a fresh installation of pve 6.0 but it's quite useless without a working network interface. It goes down every 10 minutes or so.

So how can I run Proxmox on my new AMD Ryzen 5 3600 CPU with a B450 chipset motherboard? Upgrade the kernel? How do I do that and what are the downsides?

A BIOS update seem to have solved my problems. I hope it will be stable from here on.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!