[SOLVED] Corosync wrong bindnetaddr

vRod

Renowned Member
Jan 11, 2012
Hi all,

I have a proxmox cluster consisting of 2 hosts (pmx01, pmx02). Cluster name is cluster01 and consisted of 2 other hosts which are now gone (pve01, pve02).

Now, so far most things seems to be working right (except for some qlge driver port flapping) but I have noticed some recent retransmit totem errors. when looking in the corosync.conf, i see the ip from the old pve02 as bindnetaddr:

Code:
root@pmx02:~# cat /etc/corosync/corosync.conf
logging {
  debug: off
  to_syslog: yes
}

nodelist {
  node {
    name: pmx01
    nodeid: 1
    quorum_votes: 1
    ring0_addr: 10.72.0.101
  }
  node {
    name: pmx02
    nodeid: 2
    quorum_votes: 1
    ring0_addr: 10.72.0.102
  }
}

quorum {
  provider: corosync_votequorum
}

totem {
  cluster_name: cluster01
  config_version: 12
  interface {
    bindnetaddr: 10.72.0.201
    ringnumber: 0
  }
  ip_version: ipv4
  secauth: on
  version: 2
}
I have tried to change the bindnetaddr to the ip of pmx01 and altered the config_version, but it changes back to .201.

Does anyone know how to fix this, or if it even needs to be fixed?

Hi,
have you tried to follow the procedure mentioned in the docs about how to change the corosync config: https://pve.proxmox.com/pve-docs/pve-admin-guide.html#_corosync_configuration
Thank you, I had edited the /etc/corosync/corosync.conf file! Now that i changed the one in pve, it looks like it worked!

just out of curiosity, was this really important to change back? I mean, the cluster looks to have worked nevertheless, I just noticed that it had the wrong address randomly.

No worries, as long as the bindnetaddr is an address form the subnet configured on the network interface you should be fine.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!