[SOLVED] Corosync.conf is read-only after adding Qdevice

selfsufficient

Nov 21, 2021
I decided to add a qdevice to my cluster. Turns out that was a mistake. After adding, I started by rebooting a node and it fails to join the cluster again. I figured i could just revert back to a backup corosync file, however it looks like i can no longer modify them at all. I tried stopping corosync on the node that i rebooted but it still doesnt give root any read access. Any ideas on how I can undo my error? Below are the permissions to the file. The error I get when trying to start corosync is that the file is invalid and needs votes defined. In theory if i can revert this file back, the rest should come back online.
-r--r----- 1 root www-data 825 May 3 17:36 corosync.conf

Sorry. Immediately after I posted this I realized I needed to stop the cluster on the failed nodes to gain access.
systemctl stop pve-cluster
systemctl stop corosync
pmxcfs -l

Then I could edit the corosync.conf and move it to an exact copy of the original. All is good again.

Thanks for coming back to share how you solved the issue.

Please mark the thread as 'SOLVED' (by clicking on Edit thread above your first post and selecting SOLVED as prefix).

Reactions: selfsufficient
Sorry. Immediately after I posted this I realized I needed to stop the cluster on the failed nodes to gain access.
systemctl stop pve-cluster
systemctl stop corosync
pmxcfs -l

Then I could edit the corosync.conf and move it to an exact copy of the original. All is good again.
Thanks for sharing. Running pmxcfs-l is what solved the issue for me. I didn't see this in the official guide.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!