Corosync Cluster Engine is dead. Is this normal?

Oct 3, 2020
Hello. I recently installed Proxmox in 1 one physical server (node). I was browsing around the node's settings when I noticed that under System, it is saying that the status of the Corosync Cluster Engine is dead. I did some Googling and learned that the Corosync Cluster Engine is how physical servers in a cluster communicate. I don't have a cluster. I only have one physical server.

I have a couple of questions:
  1. For someone who only has one physical server, is it normal for the status of the Corosync Cluster Engine to be dead?
  2. If it's not normal, how do I fix this issue?
  3. What are the "side effects" of the engine being "dead"?
Thanks in advance for helping a noob out!

Corosync is used when you configure cluster. if there is no cluster, corosync has no relevance

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!