Copy VM images trough FTP

finlaydag33k

Apr 16, 2015
hii there,

I just got a new NAS here, which will house all the VMs.
This new NAS will replace the old NAS that holds all the drives, but when I turn off all VMs and login to my NAS through FTP and copy the proxmox share (/mnt/Storage/proxmox) from my NAS to my backup drive, I get some errors that the images are not found:

Code:
Status:    Retrieving directory listing of "/mnt/Storage/proxmox/images/101"...
Command:    CWD /mnt/Storage/proxmox/images
Response:    250 CWD command successful
Command:    CWD 101
Response:    550 101: No such file or directory

My FTP client is Filezilla.

How do I copy the VM images to my backup drive?

Hi,
The easiest way is to attache the new NAS to your PVEhost(Cluster) and move the disk to the new NAS with movedisk in the Hardware Tab.

This can be done online if you have kvm VM's.

Reactions: finlaydag33k
Since FTP is a good standard in my opinion. especially for remote operation.

Industry begs to differ.
Use sftp (not ftps) which is a default in an ordinary linux distribution without install of any software (it's part of SSH). Best part: It is secure and passwords can also be banned - use keys instead.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!