Converted VM from VMware Issues

Dennis Ayala

Jul 20, 2018
I successfully converted a couple of virtual machines from our VMware environment. Machines are Ubuntu 16.04.3 with E1000 network cards,

Proxmox VM boots fine, I only had to go into Ubuntu and update the network device from ens32 to ens18 and the machine booted up perfectly. The only issue I am having is that it has a lot of packet loss.

I have two more VMs newly created in Proxmox and those work fine, no packet loss.

Any idea as to what could be causing the packet loss only on the converted machines?

Regards,

Dennis

try to use virtio nic instead of e1000

The second machine worked fine now with the VirtIO network driver. The issue appears to be machine-specific now.

Regards,

Dennis

try to use virtio nic instead of e1000

Finally solved the issue. The PVE node has a bonded interface and only one of the bond members had access to the VMs VLAN. Load balancing was sending traffic through the NIC that didn't had access to the VLAN causing the packet drop.

Everything is good now. Working as expected. Thanks for the support.

Regards,

Dennis

great to hear it worked out :)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!