Convert Redhat 5 to proxmox issue

T

thavvv

Hi..
I have to trying convert Windows server 2003 to Proxmox 2.x ,It's work for me when I have converted Redhat 5 to proxmox 2.x ,it have some problem as bellow .
Please advice and suggestion in this case..

Convert fail.png

your guest does not find the root filesystem, looks like device names changed.

you need to adapt grub config and fstab, according to the new device names. use a live cd.

Thank you so much Tom ,I think that for this issue caused not remove vmware-tool before to converting , I will try again.
For Subscription ,I have interested but I not commercial for now , I'd like to testing some feature before go to commercial which I will contact with Proxmox directly again...

Thank you so much Tom ,I think that for this issue caused not remove vmware-tool before to converting , I will try again.
For Subscription ,I have interested but I not commercial for now , I'd like to testing some feature before go to commercial which I will contact with Proxmox directly again...

I doubt that this is related to the removal of the vmware tools.

Install a new RHEL on Proxmox VE and the compare the settings from the new and the problematic one (menu.lst and /etc/fstab).

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!