Containers Storage - reclaim?

stefanzman

Jan 12, 2013
USA - Kansas City
www.ice-sys.com
Hello,

We have a PX node where the a compressed backup for the primary VM no longer fits in the defined zfs-backups storage areas (around 150g). A backup job fails at the end when it runs out of space. I have tried different compressions and types without success. At this moment, I am deleting some items from the VM to try and slim it down, but I have a question about the zfs-containers storage area.

It has been a while since we setup this PX node, but I believe we follow some standard suggested models with regard to allocating & sizing the various parts of the zpool. We had expected that some containers would be used on this node, but I don't believe that has happened. Nevertheless, the containers storage shows nearly 85% usage. I cannot find a defined container VM on the node anywhere.

Px_pic1.png

I believe the VMs are just using vm-disks area for their hard drives and nothing else.

Px_pic2.png

I am wondering if it is safe/OK/Possible to delete the zfs-containers storage and recreate a new, larger zfs-backups area with some of that space?

Px_pic3.png

Attachments

• Px_pic1.png
    Px_pic1.png
    169 KB · Views: 1
Hi,
could you share your /etc/pve/storage.cfg? What do the following commands show?
Code:
pvesm list zfs-containers
zfs -o space <dataset> -r
where <dataset> is the ZFS pool/dataset associated with your zfs-containers storage, i.e. the pool entry for zfs-containers in /etc/pve/storage.cfg.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!