Console timeouts (Firefox only)

altano

Apr 6, 2019
California, US
alan.norbauer.com
If I open either a noVNC or xterm.js shell to the Proxmox host or container the shell will eventually, within a couple of minutes, time out. By time out I mean there is no visible error but the window stops accepting input and is hung. This ONLY occurs on Firefox. On Chrome I can leave the shell open for an hour and it'll remain connected just fine.

I assume this is an issue with Firefox more aggressively backgrounding the browser tab in some way that makes me lose the connection? I am alt-tabbing between the shell and other applications a lot so it is ending up in the background.

This happened in both Proxmox 5.4 and now Proxmox 6.

Anyone else seeing this?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!