Console: Properly working on Linux and Mac

mir

Famous Member
Apr 14, 2012
Copenhagen, Denmark
I just found out I forgot some important information in my former thread and at the same time the title was not very informative which is the reason for creating a new thread with a more informative title.The reason and solution for the improper working console under Linux and Mac can be found in my other thread: http://forum.proxmox.com/threads/92...d-certificate-in-Mozilla-user-profile-XXXWhat I missed in the thread was to mention was the fact that to insure the new settings take effect on proxmox console you need to clear browser and java cache. The reason is that as long as the plugin sits in the cache a new one will not be fetched from proxmox and the plugin in the cache is banned by Java since java was not able to verify the certificate used to signed the applet.Clear the cache:Browser (Chromium in my case)1) settings->under the hood2) Click 'clear browsing data'3) Place a check mark in front of 'Empty the cache' 'Delete cookies and other site and plug-in data' The rest can be left on-checked.4) Click the button 'Clear browsing data'5) Close the browser and all left-over open windowsJava1) Start JavaConsole2) On the 'General' tab click the 'View' button under 'Temporary Internet Files'3) Choose the drop-down 'Resources'4) Find the line with a resource named 'VncViewer.jar'5) High light this line an click on the red cross-mark to delete it6) Close the JavaConsole.When the above is performed you can restart your browser and open a proxmox console which will cause a new copy of the VncViewer.jar will be downloadet but this time it will be proper verified and you will now be able to open all the console you need and see the nice auto scaling of the console window work:)Only outstanding issue to be resolved is the Tab button. The reason it works under Windows is due to the fact that in windows the active program window grabs the button press event before the desktop while it is the other way round under X.I might have an idea for solving this issue:When studying the source for the html which controls the pop-up window I can see it misses a doctype declaration which means the browser will run in fall-back mode (html 4.01) thereby leave the browser/desktop to decide the button event handling. If the pop-up code instead where to use a HTML 5 doctype the it would force the browser to use the button event handling mechanism specified in the HTML 5 specification which specifies that the button event handling mechanism should follow the Windows way (active program window grabs the button press event) and voila, the tab should now be grabbed by the console and not by the window:)Doctype specification for HTML 5:

I forgot this:You also needs to do the following in your browser (again chrome based):1) In the address line write the following a press enter: about:plugins2) Scroll down to the line where Java is listed and put a check mark in allow

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!