[SOLVED] Console don't open Connection to single VM

smokers

Jan 1, 2014
Hey guys,

i have a problem due a little mistake while configuring the network adapter of one VM.

I changed the network adapter of one VM from bridged vmbr0 to the same configuration with vlan tag "1".
I did this while the machine was running and a kernel panic was given due this mistake ;-)

Okay, shutdown and revert of the configuration change.

Now i can not connect via "Console". Error message is :
" TASK ERROR: command '/bin/nc -l -p 5900 -w 10 -c '/usr/sbin/qm vncproxy 100 2>/dev/null'' failed: exit code 2 "

I've found many failure reports or threads about this, but found no really working hint to get it back working.

ssh access is working an machine runs properly, just console-access via web-interface doesn't work anymore. Any other machine works great and can be accessed this way.

I tried rebooting and restarting the host and any guest but no way ;-) - It's not always a solution ;-)
Also i didn't found a iptable rule , blocking access or else.
The java plugin just shows "Status: Connected to server" and after this (10sec) it changes to "Network error: remote side closed connection" and nothing happens.

Any ideas?
//Solved

The vm.conf was corrupted .... damn china hardware

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!