conntrack: generic helper won't handle protocol 47. Please consider loading the specific helper modu

Discussion in 'Proxmox VE: Networking and Firewall' started by ehabh, Feb 25, 2017.

1. ehabh

ehabh New Member

I have gre tunnels working in a vm on proxmox 3.4 but now I am trying proxmox 4.4 and when i try to create a tunnel in a kvm vm just like in 3.4 the tunnel is created ie the interfaces but does not pass any traffix I also get this error in dmesg in the vm

conntrack: generic helper won't handle protocol 47. Please consider loading the specific helper module
    protocol 47 is gre, the gre modules are loaded both on the proxmox server and in the vm.

2. dietmar

dietmar Proxmox Staff Member
    Staff Member

IMHO this is VM specific, because you run your own kernel inside the VM. I doubt that this is related to the proxmox update.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ehabh

ehabh New Member

I do not think this is vm specific because I tried it also with clean installs of centos 6 AND centos 7 both in kvm. The only thing different is that this server has a routed network config.

4. karnz

karnz New Member

Today I got this error too, and all my VM are LXC. Not sure how to load specific helper module?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice