Connection timeout against local disks

ixproxmox

Renowned Member
Nov 25, 2015
I have two proxservers, both connected to a Qnap. I have transfered vm from one of them to the other through the Qnap and backup.

After transfering 10 servers, the cifs connection isn't stable. I can see the backups if I go into Content, but when I can't select local disks when choosing what disk to store the new vm on. Also now, I see it takes 20 seconds or I get "Connection timed out (596)" from I click Disks until I can see them. Alle the vm runs fine as far as I can see.

Is there anyway to avoid restarting the entire host?

I have 6.2-12 and no sync/cluster - completely stand-alone (excpt cifs connection to same backup-server - works nice on other).

Tried restarting the web-services, like pveproxy, pvedaemon and ran pvecm updatecerts.. Tried apt-full upgrade and all those things.

Only log entry last 24 hours was this, but nothing today:
journalctl -l -u pvedaemon -u pveproxy
got inotify poll request in wrong process - disabling inotify

I have removed/unmounted all remote connections - still interface responds slow to everywhere lvm is shown (in create vm, in disk-list etc).

Last edited:
I ended up risking everything and did a reboot - everything seems fine. So must have been some sort of crash...

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!