Connecting to cifs share

ptmuldoon

Apr 28, 2012
I have an existing Ubuntu VM in esxi that mounts to my (unraid) nasbox shares just fine. In that VM's /etc/fstab I have the following:

Code:
//192.168.11.41/Public /mnt/nasbox cifs vers=3.0,guest,uid=1000,iocharset=utf8  0  0

But when I use that same in my Ubuntu docker container, when I attempt to mount the share I get an error of:

mount error(1): Operation not permitted

In reading what I can, I added to the end the container config file the below, but still can't connect to the share:

Code:
lxc.apparmor.profile: lxc-container-default-cgns
features: nesting=1

Am I missing a step someplace in connecting the shares? I can connect those shares fine currently under my existing esxi ubuntu VM

Nothing specific necessary for mount.cifs in container, I suggest to check to following
- does it work if you make new ubuntu container?
- does it work from your host?
- does it work (also the above two cases) if you define somewhere a new samba share?

Check also your current apparmor profiles from /etc/apparmor.d/....

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!