Congrats & How do I contribute

OUR.INFRA.ROCKS

Oct 5, 2016
Developers of proxmox. In my opinion you have the best management software available at the moment.

I have been in the process of giving it another go with a hosting company and I started with your panel during testing but put it away due to it being 'free' and quickly went to the competitors. Boy was I in for a shock. Many things still the same as a few years ago, they all lack features which are important to me. So after two months of daily working with any panel available I'm back here.

In the past I have earned a lot of money with selling GPL software and never felt good about it, the money was easy, what can I say... Now that I use your software and I will subscribe when I can I also would like to contribute to your code if possible or by suggestions.
My OO programming is really bad but I've been around for a bit, I think I can be useful in a few area's.

I reported two small bugs and I see bugs not assigned for over a month while seeing suggestions to report bugs. This confuses me a bit.
I can perhaps remove some strain of the core workers here but the question is where you are lacking people. Let me know and I'll try to fill the gap. Hopefully others will after seeing this post. It doesn't seem there are that many contributors yet you release updates frequently. Very Impressive.

Cheers and keep on this track and you will stay best for sure.

I reported two small bugs and I see bugs not assigned for over a month while seeing suggestions to report bugs.
This confuses me a bit.

We try to fix important bugs first, so this can lead to delays. Anyways, you can also try to send patches for those bugs.

I can perhaps remove some strain of the core workers here but the question is where you are lacking people.

A good start would be to help fixing bugs in the bug tracker.

We try to fix important bugs first, so this can lead to delays. Anyways, you can also try to send patches for those bugs.

A good start would be to help fixing bugs in the bug tracker.

Ok, while I do not feel I have the knowledge for a lot of these bugs. there seems to be a few I feel comfortable with. Let's give that a go.

What about wiki ?

We currently also try to improve the reference documentation:

https://git.proxmox.com/?p=pve-docs.git;a=summary

would be great if you can help there.

But we are just cleaning up the wiki (and move parts into the reference docs), so there will be some restructuring in the next days/weeks ...

I'm not used to these frontends so bear with me. I presume we pick up a bug in https://bugzilla.proxmox.com and propose a commit on https://git.proxmox.com? I'm not sure on the reference documentation, how do I start? I can list my skype tomorrow in profile for quick call if you prefer.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!