Configure this scenario

lparamo

Jan 18, 2024
Hi, i'm new on proxmox Mail Gateway, i want to implement the PMG on my infraestructure and i wanna know how to do it, i want to send the email from my email server to the PMG and the the PMG should send the mail to other antispam which is gonna be the responsable to send the email to internet, the question is, it this scenerio posible?
and if you can give me some sugestions about it

sure, look in the GUI: Configuration / Mail Proxy / Relaying, disable MX lookup = yes, Smarthost = hostname+port of your external gateway.

if you need to authenticate to your external smarthost, things get a little bit more complicated. You will need to install libsasl2-module and setup the smarthost manually in the related templates of postfix configuration.
This tutorial still works, but changes to /etc/main.cf need to be made in the template /etc/pmg/templates/main.cf.in
https://www.caretech.io/2018/10/06/how-to-use-proxmox-mail-gateway-with-an-authenticated-smarthost/

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!