Configure LDAP to authentication in Proxmox Mail Gateway

jackyho

Oct 2, 2019
Hi,

I've just configured LDAP on proxmox mail gateway for using the LDAP user login to proxmox dashboard. I didn't know how to use the LDAP user to login? I'm using MS AD for authentication.
When login into Proxmox, it shows me an error with no such user.

Any hints for this?

Thanks

Hi jackyo, i use proxmox mail gateway and ms ad autjentication, Our users login to mail address and Microsoft Active directory password succesfull. Check this configuration

1606479902338.png

I've just configured LDAP on proxmox mail gateway for using the LDAP user login to proxmox dashboard. I didn't know how to use the LDAP user to login?
The LDAP login in PMG is only used for the quarantine interface for individual mailboxes.
For administration you need to create users locally in PMG (since usually there are not too many admins of a PMG instance)

I hope this helps!

The LDAP login in PMG is only used for the quarantine interface for individual mailboxes.
For administration you need to create users locally in PMG (since usually there are not too many admins of a PMG instance)

I hope this helps!
ok, noted with thanks.

I hope this helps!
@Stoiko Ivanov ,

Is it possible to integrate the login for administrators/helpdesk members by LDAP with groups setup on the LDAP server? This would help me and i think a lot of other users a lot if this is possible so admins don't have to create separate accounts for everyone when all other things are setup with LDAP logins.

Regards,

Last edited:
Hello to everyone.
I configured LDAP with our active directory. Everything work fine except one thing - LDAP does not recognize second smpt, and due to this PMG blocks mail and bounce back that there is no such mail address.
Is there any solution for that case?

example:
Screenshot_1.jpg

this does not really have anything to do with this post, so please open a new thread for that

Reactions: BlinTUZ
this does not really have anything to do with this post, so please open a new thread for that
Sorry for that.
While waiting for answer I handled with it and just to finish my issue I want to share with solution:

In pmg ldap profile in emai and account attribute I wrote mail:
and that is why it saw only main SMTP address
1667474533212.png
Then in email attribute I wrote proxyAddresses and it worked

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!