[SOLVED] Configure IPv6 - Host and LXC

Raz3r

Oct 2, 2022
Hello all,

I hope someone can help me. I am fairly inexperienced when it comes to proxmox, but am getting by reasonably well.

Now my network structure has changed so I need to include IPv6 in my usage. Unfortunately, I have no idea how to configure Proxmox here. My main concern is to make sure that my containers work accordingly as well. Specifically, I am concerned with pihole and wireguard.

My network:
Own FB 6690
Native IPv4 and IPv6 (cable)

Maybe someone will be so kind as to play through the whole thing with me. What I have found so far has left me with more question marks than answers.

Thanks a lot and have a nice sunday
Raz3r

Now my network structure has changed so I need to include IPv6 in my usage. Unfortunately, I have no idea how to configure Proxmox here. My main concern is to make sure that my containers work accordingly as well. Specifically, I am concerned with pihole and wireguard.
The network setup depends quite heavily on your hosting provider - but in general there is not too much different between IPv4 and IPv6...

If they provided you with a larger network you might need to create a router for it - but usually you have at least one /64 where the provider runs the gateway - just configure one IP from that on your PVE node and other IPs on your guests.

put differenlty - make sure you have access to the PVE nodes console (if the config breaks and you lose network access) and just try it.

I hope this helps!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!