completely removing a failed cluster-node

hk@

Renowned Member
Feb 10, 2010
Vienna
kapper.net
Hi,
in a pve7.4 cluster setup (4 nodes) one sadly died.
Before final "delnode" removed all entries from /etc/pve/replication.cfg that had this node as a target and re-grouped the replication to the remaining nodes.
Then regrouped all replication-groups, only then according to https://pve.proxmox.com/pve-docs/pve-admin-guide.html#_remove_a_cluster_node removed the node by "pvecm delnode".

pvecm is happy now, the node is gone, the webgui however still shows the node in the datacenter-tree and in the HA section it is still shown as a type LRM, however it is noted the timestamp is old and probably dead.

My curios question would be: how to remove the node from all these sections?

thx
hk

I just had this same problem, a node called "pve-htpc" was stuck in the webgui and pvecm delnode pve-htpc said the node was not found in the cluster.

I checked /etc/pve/nodes/ and there was a folder for that node. I ran "rm -rf pve-htpc" from that folder and after a few seconds it was gone from the GUI.

Be very very careful entering this command, make sure it's written properly, double - triple check before pressing enter. Possible even backup the folder to another folder outside of /etc/ just in case you need to move it back.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!